News & Events
Things to do this Fall in Richmond
September 7, 2021
Experience Fall around the beautiful city of Richmond.
Fall is upon us! Soon the cooler weather will start rolling in and leaves will begin to turn. There is so much to do around Richmond this fall. Find your new home in Richmond and enjoy all the benefits of the city's prime location. The city alone has so much to offer but being just an hour away from the mountains and two hours from the beach is an added perk. There is something for everyone - take a look at some of our favorite things to do in Richmond in the Fall.
Appreciate the Fall Foliage
Wonder through the trails and make your way to the wildlife section at Maymont or attend one of their evening concerts - check out their events schedule.
Spend the night camping with family and explore the trails at Pocahontas State Park
Grab your helmet and take a ride on the Virginia Capital Trail.
Visit the Ashland Berry Farm pumpkin patch to stock up on carving pumpkins and decorative gourds. All you can carry pumpkins and a hayride to the patch for $25! Stop by the donut shop for fresh homemade donuts and other delicious treats!
Richmond is known for its craft and micro breweries. Explore Scotts Addition and pop into Ardent for their seasonal Chesnut Altbier or follow along with the Richmond west Craft Beverage Trail to Hardywood for the famous Gingerbread Stout.
Compare hard apple ciders throughout Richmond and find your favorite.
- Courthouse Creek Cider - known for their dry ciders and are the only cidery in Virginia to source by the barrel. Check out their weekly Music & Food Schedule and plan your visit.
- Blue Bee Cider - Ciders made with rare and heirloom Virginia Apples prized for their tannin, acidity and flavor.
- Buskey Cider - Slightly sweeter ciders with fun funky flavors! Stop by to test their Apple Pie Cider, Pomegranate Habanero or their classic RVA Cider.
- Bold Rock - The drive is worth it. Located in the blue ridge mountains you can enjoy their seasonal Honeycrisp cider with stunning views.
Final Fall Harvest
Take a day trip to Charlottesville
The quaint town of Charlottesville, just an hour away from Richmond, has a little something for everyone.
- Wineries: Calling all wine connoisseurs! Charlottesville is the home to many wineries. Pack a picnic basket and enjoy local wine from Blenheim Vineyards, Keswick Vineyards, Trump Winery, Jefferson Vineyards or Pippin Hill - just to name a few.
- Apple and Pumpkin picking: Take a trip to Carter Mountain and fill up a bag of tree-ripened apples or pick your favorite pumpkin from the patch. While you're there, enjoy a cider from Bold Rock!
- Hiking: Just past Charlottesville you can explore the blue ridge mountains and enjoy the beautiful fall foliage on one of the many hikes. Try Humpback Rock or Old Rag Mountain.
While you're out and about this Fall, stop by one of our sales offices to learn more about our Boone Homes Communities!